Hula Girl 5K 10K & Half Marathon
Event Details 08/01/2015
About The Race
The Hula Girl Run/Walk races were added to the Wahine (All Women's) Triathlon/Duathlon event to offer more opportunities for the ladies to get out and race! The Hula Girl courses “flow” along Marine Drive – a very fast and flat/”no waves” course with great potential for PRs! Fun for “Girls” of all ages and abilities!
New for 2015 - we added a Half-Marathon to the Hula Girl 5K & 10K options!
There will be live music during the tropical after-race party – be sure to come in your favorite Hula Skirt, wearing a Lei necklace or with a plumeria blossom tucked behind your ear – tutus and costumes encouraged! We’ll even have Sweet Spot Skirts in the expo with colorful, flirty, sports skirts available for sale to add to your island groove! Come join in the Aloha spirit, here in our own "backyard"!
BLUE LAKE PARK, 20500 NE Marine Dr, Fairview, OR 97024
DIRECTIONS TO BLUE LAKE
Blue Lake Park is located 15 miles east of downtown Portland, OR. Take I-84 east to the Fairview Exit (exit #14). Follow the signs to Blue Lake Park.
PARK PASS - Portland Metro Parks will charge each vehicle entering the park $5.00 for a day use pass. Bring CASH to speed up the process. We recommend car pooling. The park gate opens at 6:00am.
NO PETS ALLOWED IN THE PARK.
Update: All Hula Girl races start at 8am
Hula Girl Half-Marathon
Hula Girl 10K Run/Walk
Hula Girl 5K Run/Walk
Awards & Celebrations
We will award Top Three Female for the Half Marathon, 10k & 5k and top Masters Female. We will also reward Top 3 in each age group or division including:
15 & Under; 16-19; 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 & over; Athena 39 and under; Athena 40 years plus & Relay.
Travel & Accomodations
LODGING & GENERAL VISITOR INFORMATION
Days Inn Gresham: 503-465-1515
TravelLodge Portland/Troutdale: (503) 666-6623
Best Western Rama Inn: (503) 491-9700
Hampton Inn Portland/Gresham: (503) 669-7000
Portland Oregon Visitors Association: www.travelportland.com
Registration & Packet Pickup
|Hula Girl 5K||$40.00 (on/before 2/28)|
|Hula Girl 5K||$45.00 (3/1-5/31)|
|Hula Girl 5K||$50.00 (6/1-7/31)|
|Hula Girl 5K||$55.00 (8/1)|
|Hula Girl 10K||$45.00 (on/before 2/28)|
|Hula Girl 10K||$50.00 (3/1-5/31)|
|Hula Girl 10K||$55.00 (6/1-7/31)|
|Hula Girl 10K||$60.00 (8/1)|
|Hula Girl Half-Marathon||$65.00 (on/before 2/28)|
|Hula Girl Half-Marathon||$70.00 (3/1-5/31)|
|Hula Girl Half-Marathon||$75.00 (6/1-7/31)|
|Hula Girl Half-Marathon||$80.00 (8/1)|
Race fee includes commemorative tech shirt & finisher medal, ChampionChip Timing, awards and prizes, beer (for those 21 and older), hawaiian food, and music. Kid’s will receive a T-shirt and finisher medal.
Call 360.574.7292 for more information
Packet Pickup Details
PACKET PICKUP INFORMATION
PRE-RACE DAY PACKET PICKUP:
Friday, July 31 from 11am to 6pm at Fleet Feet Pdx, 2258 NW Raleigh St., Portland, OR 97210
RACE DAY PICKUP INFORMATION
Saturday, August 1st from 6am - 7:30am at the Start/Finish loaction, Blue Lake Park, 20500 NE Marine Dr, Fairview, OR 97024
Note: Guest lunch tickets can be purchased at the event for $5.00 each.
NO PETS ALLOWED IN THE PARK.
Sponsors & Exhibitors
Our athletes – triathletes, duathletes, runners, walkers, cyclists – are active, educated, middle to high income earners who are committed to their fitness while also supporting our community. They are loyal to brands that support their mission towards a healthy body, mind, spirit and world.
These athletes are strong consumers of:
- Health & Wellness services such as Massage, Physical Therapy, Chiropractic Care, Natural Medicine, Acupuncture, Personal Training and Coaching. They break it down and need you to build it back up again and keep them healthy, fit and strong.
- Bicycles – A Triathlete will often spend more money on their bike and accessories than they do on vital services!
- Running Shoes – Every runner/triathlete recognizes the importance of a good pair of shoes and once they connect and have success with your brand, they become die-hard, loyal customers and brand ambassadors by default.
- Active Gear & Clothing – Runners & Triathletes will spend a lot of money on tights, compression socks, waterproof clothing, running vests, water-proof jackets, hats, and gloves that make them more comfortable and able to endure the elements better. They also love shirts with fun, witty captions!
- Technical Gadgets – Runners & Triathletes are often technological geeks and love GPS systems and downloadable products that allow them to track and analyze their performances
- Energy Drinks, Bars & Jells – Competitive athletes require healthy, quick energy products and when they find the product that works for them, they rarely waiver and again become brand ambassadors and advocates.
- Fast, cool cars – Runners & Triathletes have a need for speed and it’s not limited to their bikes. They love cool, fast, sporty vehicles that allow them to get outdoors!
- Beer & Wine – Yes, serious athletes do enjoy drinking! Isn’t that why they train so hard?!
- Restaurants – They train hard & eat big to refuel. They are often foodies always looking for the next go-to restaurant.
- Financial Services – They are an educated, wealthy group and are smart enough to know they need to develop a plan for their financial future
Why Racing Events Inc., is the largest producers of Multi-Sport Events in the Northwest. We can provide you with the opportunity to gain brand recognition and loyalty of thousands of triathletes, runners, cyclists and walkers. We value businesses that provide high-quality products and relevant services which allow our athletes to thrive and to achieve their goals. We look for partnerships with companies which are creative and which help enhance our events and our athletes’ experiences.
We take our partnerships very seriously and recognize that both parties must benefit to assure a win:win arrangement. We offer a diverse range of sponsorship packages tailored to align seamlessly with your company’s marketing goals and provide a dynamic environment for delivering your corporate message and introducing your relevant products or services to this desirable target audience.
- Title, Presenting, Gold, Silver, Bronze & Copper Penny options – We can tailor a sponsorship package to work with your budget!
- Vendor Opportunities – Get face to face with our athletes and their family & friends and showcase your products and/or services
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Logo and link placement on Website, Event Pages and Social media
- Recognition in email and direct athlete correspondence
- Logo and link placement on Website, Event Pages and Social media platforms
- Logo on event promotional fliers and posters
- Logo on event products – ie t-shirts, goody bags, water bottles
- Coupon/Promotional material in goody bags or online virtual goody bags
- Company banners posted at events
- Sponsor recognition during race announcements
For information on vendor opportunities at specific events and sponsorship opportunities for Why Racing Events Inc. please contact us at email@example.com or complete the information below.
We’re always happy to discuss the possibilities of creating a win/win partnership with you!
Volunteers make all the difference to our events, they work hard and add extra energy and enthusiam for the participants! If you'd like to be part of the action through volunteering, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All volunteers get Why Racing tech shirts, food and beverages.