Cost Includes – Click the ‘Register Now’ button to review fees and to register.
• Technical Runner’s t-shirt & gloves (for first 1500)
• Finisher’s Medal/Meal/Beverages/Beer Garden
• Sense of accomplishment – Feels so good!
• Giving back to the Community – Priceless!
Shirts are guaranteed only to those participants that have registered a month before race day. Quantities/sizes are limited for those registering after that date. There will be no post-race shirt orders.
COUVE CLOVER FEES
|By July 30||July 31 – Nov 30||Dec 1 – March 17||Mar 18 – 24|
3 MILES (RUN/WALK)
|Kids 12 & under||FREE||FREE||FREE||FREE|
LUCKY 7 MILES
|LUCKY LEAP 1 MILE||ADULTS (under 12 free)||$30||$30||$30||$30|
Can I register on Race Day?
Yes, but if you can, please register ahead of time. It gets so busy on race day and we want to focus all of our energy on taking care of all of our athletes. If you really want to race and weren’t able to pre-register for whatever reason, we will take care of you. Ideally, sign up ahead of time so we can pre-order tshirt sizes and everything we need so we’re not guessing on total numbers. You know what it’s like when you’re trying to host a party and you don’t know who and how many are coming! Thanks so much for understanding!
Can someone else pick up my racing packet?
Yes, however, you must complete an authorization form to allow them to pick up your packet and send them with a copy of your ID. This form will confirm that you will be the individual participating in the event and that you agree to not allow anyone else to race on your behalf.
Can I get a refund?
There are no refunds issued for your registration however, we do understand that things come up that are beyond your control. As a customer service initiative, we do offer the ability to transfer your registration to next year’s event, another upcoming Why Racing Event that year or to transfer your registration to another participant. Most events don’t allow transfers or refunds at all so this is a courtesy we offer to our participants. If you are transferring your registration to someone else, you must let us know so we can update their emergency contact info and to assure the credibility of results. If you don’t let us know, it messes up everyone’s results because they may be in a different age group or division! Anyone running under someone else’s name will be disqualified and not eligible for an award/trophy and you may be fined.
DEFER OR TRANSFER policy: If you are unable to race due to medical reasons or a simple change of schedule, athletes may defer their general race entry slot to the same race the following year, transfer to another Why Racing Event that year or transfer their entry to another athlete. Deferrals or transfers do not carry over beyond one year. Note: This deferral or transfer only covers the race entry fee. USAT one day passes, processing fees and online registration fees will not be included in your credit. In order to defer or transfer your registration you will need to email us at email@example.com with your Full Name, Race Venue, Race Distance and desired changes.
DEFERRAL TO NEXT YEAR’S RACE OR ANOTHER WHY RACING EVENT THAT YEAR:
If you wish to transfer your defer your race entry, you will need to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can defer your entry outside of 61 days from the event for no fee.
- You can defer your entry between 60 and 30 days of the event for a $10 fee (running only event) or $25 fee (multi-sport event).
- You can defer your entry within 29 days or less of the event for a $25 fee (running only event) or $50 fee (multi-sport event).
- Athletes wishing to defer to another race will be provided with a unique entry code and must re-register for the event. Athletes are not guaranteed registration if the race sells out before they attempt to enter.
- There is only one deferral allowed per original registration. If deferring from a race with a higher entry fee to race with a lower entry fee, the athlete will receive no refund of the difference in the fees.
- If deferring from a race with a lower entry fee to race with a higher entry fee, the athlete will be required to pay the difference of these two race fees.
- Athletes who are not annual USAT members will be required to purchase a USAT single day membership for the event that they transfer into. USAT rules do not allow single day memberships to be transferred between events.
INTRA-EVENT TRANSFER POLICY: If you wish to transfer your own entry within an event to another distance or to another athlete, you can do so online on your Run Signup registration account as indicated on your confirmation email or e-mail email@example.com.
- You can change your distance within an event for no fee.
- There is a $10 fee to transfer to another athlete.
- If changing from a distance with a higher entry fee to a lower entry fee, the athlete will receive no refund of the difference in the fees.
- If changing from a race with a lower entry fee to race with a higher entry fee, the athlete will be required to pay the difference of these two race fees.
SPECIAL NOTE: Do you know why you should never transfer a race bib to a friend or family member without letting the Race Director know? First, if anything happens, we would be contacting YOUR Emergency Contact and reviewing YOUR Special Medical Needs and not theirs. That’s a major safety concern. Secondly, let’s say 60 year Sally gives her 20 year old son Biff her race bib because she’s not able to race. Seems harmless right?! Not so much. When Biff clocks a 5 minute mile using his Mom’s bib it looks like Sally rocked it at 60 years old and knocks Bertha, 62 year old Grandma, out of her legitimate first place age group finish. That’s not fair to Bertha who worked so hard to win her age group. Now Bertha is wondering who the heck Sally is not understanding that it was actually Biff who beat her! Ok, so the message is don’t be BIFF! This goes on all the time and the only way to correct it is for all of you to understand the importance and police it. If you know someone is giving away their bib, be sure to remind them to let the Race Director know! Often the athlete doesn’t fully understand how much this can impact safety and negatively affect everyone’s results and just needs to be educated in a friendly manner. Thanks all!